Despite crazy weather patterns and several ride cancellations we ended the week with a phenomenal sunny Sunday ride. Over 70 riders, blue skies and blustery autumn winds made the ride a challenge at times but a pleasure nonetheless.
There’s still plenty of great riding weather ahead of us this year, including two big upcoming events this weekend. On Saturday, 10/19 there will be an all-level ride (instead of the Sunday ride) to support the JDRF‘s Ride to Cure in Death Valley ride that was cancelled due to the Federal Government shutdown. The 30-mile ride will start out at 9AM from the Lenape High School parking lot (the Hartford Road side). Over 300 bikers around the country had raised money for and were planning to participate in this event until the shutdown. Come out and show your solidarity for these courageous riders by riding.
The second big ride event will take place the next day, Sunday, 10/20 at Tinicum State Park in Bucks County, PA: the annual Covered Bridges Ride. Many Team Evesham riders will be carpooling to the morning start of this event. If you are interested in joining us please contact email@example.com. There are several routes to choose from, the longest (63 miles) begins at 8AM. There are also 50, 33, 30 and 20-mile rides starting as late as 9:30AM. Stunning visuals (autumn leaves, covered bridges) and rolling hills make this a ride to remember.
Sandy recounted the story this past Sunday of two long-time Team Evesham members, Ross Polinow and Basile Kanaris, running into each other at the airport in Greece a few weeks ago. Here’s another small-world story we’re proud to share: Team Evesham member Michael Bobrove, sent us this photo from Tokyo, Japan where he currently lives and works, “…Went for a ride today in Tokyo sporting the Team colors. Thought you might like a picture… – Michael”. Yup we sure do like it Mike thanks!!
Also check this out. Team Evesham is featured in this month’s South Jersey Magazine in the article Long Ride.
- Friday, 10/18 at 8AM – Team Evesham’s weekly Friday morning C/C+ 30 mile ride leaves from the Promenade Shopping plaza. Meetup in front of Panera Bread.
- Saturday, 10/19 at 9AM – All-level JDRF Ride to Cure solidarity ride. Meet in the Lenape High School parking lot for this 30+ mile ride. Note that there will be no other Team Evesham ride on Saturday.
- Sunday, 10/20 at 6:15AM – The Covered Bridges Ride departs from the Tinicum National Park in Bucks County, PA. There will be no Sunday morning Team Evesham ride. Meetup in the Indian Spring Country Club parking lot no later than 6:15AM if you will be carpooling with other TE members. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you are planning to do so. For those already signed up we will be contacting you shortly with further details.
From the Biker Lane
Lon Mietka sent us the first two links below from around the world… Thanks Lon…
- Artist battles bad air in Beijing with home-made ‘breathing bike’ + VIDEO
- Failed Bike Heists: Three poorly planned bicycle thefts
- Top 10 New Cyclist Mistakes – What Not To Do!
Please be safe and respectful when you are out on the road. Obey all traffic laws and look out for one another and help out where you can.
– The Team Evesham Leadership.