This riding season is still going strong into this beautiful autumn and this weekend we had two superb rides. On Saturday, 10/19 Team Evesham came out to support a cancelled JDRF ride. There is a brief mention of the ride in this Burlington County Times article but a contingent of Team Evesham riders road 30 miles with some of the JDRF riders in a show of support. Team Evesham member and President of the JDRF South Jersey Chapter Scott Kasper had this to say to us…
“…On behalf of the South Jersey JDRF Ride to Cure Team, thank you so much for coming out to show your solidarity at this morning’s ride. Whether it’s MS or JDRF, the folks from Team Evesham have proven that they are a community minded group who will come together in support of a worthy cause…the fact that doing so involved a nice ride through Burlington County certainly didn’t hurt!! The JDRF cycling community took to the streets across the country today because of the fact that we had to cancel our Ride to Cure in Death Valley National Park. Your participation in that certainly helped make the statement that we will not be deterred and our ride will not be “Shut-down”. I am privileged to ride with such a great group of people, and if I can’t be in Death Valley with my JDRF team, riding in South Jersey with Team Evesham is an outstanding alternative!!”
Next Sunday we are back in the cradle of Evesham Township’s Indian Spring Country Club. Remember to dress warmly the temperatures will be going lower. Check out our article Stay Warm on Cool Days.
- Friday, 10/25 at 8:30am – C/C+ ride for 30+/- miles departing from Panera’s/L.L. Bean in the Promenade at 500 Route 73 S # E15, Marlton, NJ 08053.
- Sunday, 10/27 at 9am – Note: new time – Team Evesham’s premier all-level ride. Meet up in the parking lot of the Indian Spring Country Club, 115 S Elmwood Rd, Marlton, NJ 08053. The route will be announced shortly on the website.
The Biker Lane
- Here’s a thoughtful NY Times article about risk and the importance of bicycle safety
- A brief but informative article on cadence: http://ilovebicycling.com/training-importance-cycling-cadence/
- 5 of the best selling bike lights
Keep riding even as the weather gets cooler. Always be mindful of others on the road including cars, trucks and pedestrians. As the days become shorter remember to use lights and wear bright clothing.
– The Team Evesham Leadership