We got in all the rides this week and we had time for even more events. This week was jammed packed with rides, and also the MS Rider Expo this past Wednesday night. Our Thursday ride had 18 folks out for a jaunt, the Friday morning ride had 25 riders and the Saturday Sunrise group had 9 folks out to catch the river breezes. Also on Saturday several team members competed in the Marlton Lakes Triathlon. On Sunday we welcomed over 120 riders on a new route. Thank you to our extraordinary ride-master Dave Bennis. As we get closer to the MS ride we will be making the route longer for training.
A quick word here about safety and riding, this past Sunday is was hot and humid, we have not had these conditions for a few weeks. Please remember, be certain to have the correct nutrition and plenty of fluids. As we extend our rides we will include more rest stops. We also suggest that after the ride, you cool off with a bite to eat at Marcos inside the clubhouse at Indian Springs Country Club, the facility is open to all Team Evesham riders.
Remember we are still recruiting for the MS Ride, we made a huge impression with other riders at the Bike Expo this past week. If you know folks who are already signed up for the MS event they can join still be moved to Team Evesham so they can participate in our own unique events that surround the ride. Just email Sandy (email@example.com with their name) and he can move them over.
Please remember as a team we stress cycling and helping charities by riding in the many events we participate in during the year. This week a fellow cyclist passed away (not a Team Evesham member) while he was out riding, he was enjoying himself on his normal ride. I rode with this cyclist for many years and will miss him but he always wanted to “do good” with his riding. He participated with me in several charity rides and I just wanted to remind each of you that we can use cycling to be fit and to make the community a better place.
There are many items coming up this month so look over this list and please sign up to join us in these events, they will sell out quickly:
- Thursday, September 5 (6pm) – Our regularly scheduled Thursday evening ride departs from the Indian Spring Country Club for a 20-mile B/B+ ride
- Friday, September 6 (8am) – Meet us in the Promenade Shopping Center near Panera for our Friday morning C/C+ 30 mile ride.
- Saturday, September 7 – Ride to Remember, come out and support the memory of a Police Officer who gave his life for his community.
- Sunday, September 8 (8am) – Our premier Sunday morning all-level ride leaves from the Indian Spring Country Club. All riders are welcome.
- Wednesday, September 11 – Bike Maintenance Clinic 6:30pm at D&Q on Route 70 in Cherry Hill, NJ. Learn about changing a tire, at home repairs and emergency repairs while you are on the road. This is a SPECIAL Team Evesham event. Sign up here.
- Friday, September 27 – Team Dinner, all are invited with their family and friends. This is an opportunity to collect your number and turn in any money for the MS Ride, save yourself the hassle of standing in line at the Patco station on Saturday morning. This year our event is being held at the Pennsauken Country Club. We’ll post the sign-up/payment page to the website shortly.
Photos of the Country Club Dining Room…
- Saturday and Sunday, September 28 & 29 – MS City to Shore Bike Tour. Sign up here for Team Evesham and get an immediate savings on the registration fee, join over 140 other cyclists and be the first group to leave the Woodcrest Station. join us at our tents at Woodcrest and Ocean City for a ton of special things.
Riding for a Cause
Here’s another great article about our youngest rider (and one of our biggest fundraisers) Cameron Humphries. From the link scroll down to view the article. We are so proud to have Cameron riding with us!
Be safe out there and remember to look out for your fellow riders.
– The Team Evesham Ride Leadership