If you missed the trip to Olde World Bakery (and their delicious pastries) this past Sunday, chances are you also missed a fantastic all expenses paid BBQ at Marco’s in the Indian Spring Country Club at the end of the ride. Over 70 determined riders showed up for the Sunday ride despite the threat of rain and were rewarded.
Six Saturday sunrise riders – can you say that quickly? This past Saturday six Team Evesham riders went out on a new route under the leadership of Mike, Lori, and Melissa. All three of these leaders are graduates from our recent ride leader training class. Come join this group, they leave Saturday morning at 6:00am, lights are mandatory for this B level ride. Looks like it will be a regular.
- Thursday, 8/22 at 6pm – Meetup at the Indian Spring Country Club for our Thursday evening 20-mile B/B+ ride
- Friday, 8/23 at 8am – C/C+ ride for 30+/- miles departs from Panera’s/L.L. Bean in the Promenade at 500 Route 73 S # E15, Marlton, NJ 08053
- Saturday, 8/24 at 6am – That’s right folks our new Team Evesham Saturday morning 25-30 mile B level ride departs from BJ’s at 131 East Kings Hwy. Maple Shade, NJ 08052
- Sunday, 8/25 at 8am – Team Evesham’s premier Sunday morning all-level ride will depart from the Indian Spring Country Club at 8am. Don’t be late!
- Wednesday, 8/28 from 5:30-7:30pm – Don’t miss the 2013 MS 150 Rider Expo. If you’ve raised the minimum $300 ride requirement you can pickup your rider number. Team Evesham will be present hosting an information table, feel free to drop in and say hello!
From the Bike Lane
- Check out this great video that ride leader Lon Mietka sent, “You gotta be crazy to pull this off.” STOOPIDTALL at CicLAvia 2013 – LA Bike Cult.
- A great article from Bicycling Magazine How to Deal With Bad Drivers.
Remember that we are ALL vehicles when we are on the road and expected to conduct ourselves accordingly. Stop at all stop signs & red lights, signal your intentions clearly to drivers of other vehicles and be courteous, not only to you fellow cyclists but cars and trucks as well. Oh and have FUN!
– The Team Evesham Ride Leadership