Between all the showers (and I use that term loosely) we were able to complete 2 of our 3 scheduled rides. Thursday evening’s ride had to be canceled because of the rain, but we did have 16 riders join us on Friday. Sunday was cloudy and muggy, but the rain held off until the afternoon. 105 riders showed up at Indian Springs CC for the 8:00am ride. Sunday’s route received quite a few compliments. It took us along quiet roads in Centennial Lakes to a rest stop for a bagel, then on north through Southampton and Lumberton. There were plenty of opportunities for break aways which many riders appreciated.
Don’t forget July 4th is the 5k Mayor’s Run in Evesham and fireworks that evening. We’ll have our complete schedule of rides this weekend.
- Thursday, July 4th Festivities – The Evesham Celebrations Foundation, our parent organization, will be hosting events all day during the Fourth of July including The Mayor’s Cup 5K Run (8:30AM, registration starts at 7AM), a Children’s Bike Parade at 10:30AM, and the grand old Fourth of July Parade at 11AM, all on Main Street in Marlton. Later the action moves to Cherokee High School where the doors will open at 7PM, Paratroopers at 8PM, culminating in spectacular Fireworks at 9:30PM. In between all of this at the High School there will be local food vendors and carnival attractions. Join us!
- Thursday, 7/4 at 6PM. NO RIDE SCHEDULED – enjoy the fireworks!!!
- Friday, 7/5 at 8AM. Team Evesham Friday morning ride will meet in front of Panera’s/L.L. Bean in the Promenade at 500 Route 73 S # E15, Marlton, NJ 08053.
- Saturday, 7/6 – Nothing planned yet but sty tuned…
- Sunday, 7/7 at 8AM. The Team Evesham all-level ride will meet at the Indian Spring Country Club and the route will be the Gibson House ride.
- Sunday, July 14th – The ACS Bike-a-Thon. It’s not too late to sign up for this incredible event with Team Evesham.
Please always remember to share the road, be courteous to other drivers and above all be safe. And oh let’s not forget to have fun this summer!
– The Team Evesham Ride Leadership