There was no wind and the weather was superb for our Sunday ride. Not sure if Dunkin Donuts was happy to see all 80 of us rolling in but I think we put the smiles back on their faces as there were plenty of donuts purchased by Team Evesham riders on Sunday.
Best wishes to Laura Simons and Chuck Nowicki, two of our most experienced and talented ride leaders, who will both be out of the saddle recovering for these next few weeks. You guys are in our thoughts and we miss you both very much!
And while we’re at it best wishes to Alena Rakita as she leaves us and moves West. Alena, it has been a pleasure riding with you over the past few years and we just know you’ll be a success wherever you go. Good luck in your future endeavors and stop by once in awhile during your world travels…
The summer riding season is heating up…
- Wednesday, 6/12 from 5:30-7:30PM – Join other MS 150 City to Shore riders at P.J. Whelihan’s restaurant in Cherry Hill – 1854 East Marlton Pike (that’s fancy talk for “Route 70”). There will be a discounted registration MS 150 fee of $35 available on-site.
- Thursday, 6/13 at 6PM – The weekly Thursday 20-mile evening ride departs from the Indian Spring Country Club.
- Friday, 6/14 at 8AM – Our Weekly Friday morning ride departs from Panera Bread.
- Saturday, 6/15 – Team Evesham members are will be riding Rob’s Pocono Sufferfest. Please RSVP to Scott Santos (email@example.com) as a group will be carpooling up to the Jim Thorpe (or regrouping there at 9AM) for an extreme hill ride. For comparison Hilly Philly is 3,000 feet of climbing over approximately 30 miles. Pocono Sufferfest is 5,000 feet of climbing in 42 miles.
- Sunday, 6/16 at 8:30AM – The premier Team Evesham Sunday all-level ride. Departs from the Indian Spring Country Club. This week’s route to be announced soon.
- Saturday, 6/22 from 8-10:30AM – Stop by the Brio restaurant in the Promenade shopping center for Coffee with a Cop. Enjoy an informal meeting with Evesham Township police officers to voice concerns related to the neighborhoods you live in…
- Thursday, 6/27 from 6-9PM – Our own Scott Kasper will be guest-bartending at the Marlton Tavern where 20% of all food and beverage proceeds will be donated to the South Jersey JDRF Ride to Cure Team.
- Monday, 7/1 – Don’t forget your minimum pledge donations are due for the Irish Pub’s 2013 Tour de Shore.
- Thursday, 7/4 at 8:30AM – The Sixth Annual Marlton Mayor’s Cup 5K Race and One Mile Fun Run & Walk. Rain or shine at Main Street & Cooper Avenue in downtown Marlton. The 5K route is here: http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/nj/marlton/1018760016. The One mile Run/Walk route is here: http://www.mapmyrun.com/run/united-states/nj/marlton/694931826504. Both are brought to you by our parent organization the Evesham Celebrations Foundation.
- Sunday, 7/14 – The 2013 ACS Bike-a-Thon.
Odds and Ends…
- Lon Mietka sent us this thought-provoking article “It’s Time for Cycling in America to Grow Up“. Thanks Lon!
Remember that a safe ride is a fun ride and please be courteous to other drivers on the road!
– Brad, Dave, Scott, Laura, Sandy and all of the Team Evesham Ride Leaders