It’s past the middle of May, and we’ve had some warm sunny days, but not often enough. Thursday and Friday were great riding days. We got the full ride in Thursday evening, Friday was a perfect riding day – sunny, a light breeze, and just the right temperatures. Sixteen of us rode through the lakes at a brisk pace with several breakaways.
This past Saturday the Scott and Laura gang left from Lenape H.S. on the first B+ Hot Diggity Dog ride of the year. It was cloudy, but not chilly, and everyone enjoyed it even though they rode through clouds of pine pollen and came back encrusted in the powdery stuff.
Sunday was another decision day. Cloudy and misty, should we cancel the ride or not, “No, it will clear up, and besides the Taste of Evesham is this afternoon. It has to clear up”. At 8:30 fifteen dedicated cyclists who wouldn’t let a little(?) dampness keep them from riding were at Indian Springs Country Club ready to go. With the water splashing on us, it was hard to tell that it wasn’t raining. We arrived a Olde World Bakery wet, but happy. After a pastry or two, the group were ready for the return ride. The roads were a little drier, so we actually died off a bit. The return was uneventful with the exceptions of a flat tire in the B group, and in the A group a couple of riders made a wrong turn and headed toward Pemberton instead of Evesham. Fortunately Chuck was able to track them down and get them pointed in the right direction. Back at Marco’s we agreed, it was a fun ride and the right decision was made.
The weather forecasters are predicting good weather for this Memorial Day weekend. Four days to ride, so no excuses. Come out and join us next Sunday. And don’t miss our Memorial Day ride on Monday at the Wilsons’ (see below for details and RSVP).
- Thursday, 5/23 at 6:00pm – C/B pace, 20 mile evening ride will depart from the Indian Spring Country Club. The route will be the Medford Lakes 20-mile loop.
- Friday, 5/24 at 9:00am – Schuylkill River Trail ride, C/C+ for 30-35 miles. Meet at parking lot on Kelly Dr. west of East Falls bridge.
- Saturday, 5/25 at 8:30am – B+ pace. 40+/- miles. Details will be published later this week.
- Sunday, 5/26 at 8:30am – Our weekly all-level ride will depart from the Indian Springs Country Club. The route will be published later this week.
- MEMORIAL DAY – Monday, 5/27 at 9:00am – Join Team Evesham members for a Memorial Day Ride followed by a BBQ at the Wilson’s House: 918 Pinewood Lane, Atco, NJ! 45 +\- mile B pace with lots of breakaways for the speedsters. Possibly a second route for C-pace, depending on the interst. Cue sheets will be provided, and we will regroup as necessary. Stay after for swimming, games, and food. Bring your suit, towel, and a dish to share. RSVP’s are a MUST! RSVP here.
- Saturday, 6/1 – Tour de Cure from Ambler PA. Join our John Murphy and register as a member of Team Stradley Ronon, on the ADA ride to stop diabetes.
- Saturday, 6/1 at 1:00pm – Meet and greet professional cycling Team Novo Nordisk at Virtua Health and Wellness Center in Moorestown, sponsored by the JDRF. Register before May 25th.
- Saturday, 6/8 – MS Muckfest – Join Team Evesham in the fun event.
Ride safely, obey all traffic laws, and have fun!
– Dave, Brad, Sandy, Scott, Laura & the Team Evesham Ride Leadership