Woke up Sunday morning to the sound of rain splashing on the roof and thought this is not good. Less than 2 hours before the start of the ride, to be on the safe side we decided to cancel the ride. As some sort of obscure natural law would have it, the sun was shining at 8:30, but the roads were still wet. To all those mothers who were looking forward to the Mother’s Day ride, we hope for better weather next year. But on the positive side all you husbands and sons had the opportunity to spend more time with your wives and mothers on their well deserved special day.
Even thought the ride was canceled, 15 cyclists did show up and rode to Olde World Bakery. Since most of us missed out on the sweet treats, we’ll ride the same route this coming Sunday.
The earlier part of the weekend wasn’t a washout. On Saturday 46 riders attended the joint Team Evesham/Outdoor Club of South Jersey group riding skills course that included both seminar and drills. The seminar portion was very educational covering everything from riding safely to pace line techniques, and the drills were a bit more challenging than they first appeared to be. We really appreciate and thank Glenn Page and Tony Marchionne for the great job they did in designing and leading the course.
Both the Thursday evening and Friday morning rides were successful. There was good turnout, and both rides were spirited. The Friday ride had several breakaways, and we may change it from a C/C+ to a C/B to accommodate the wide range of riders who participate.
The Police Unity Tour passed through South Jersey on Friday. Several local police officers and team members participated in this 4 day ride from North Jersey to Washington, D.C. in support of fallen police and fire fighter’s families. We hope some you had a chance to see and encourage them as the rode down Rt. 130.
- Thursday, 5/16 at 6:00pm – C/B pace, 20 mile evening ride will depart from the Indian Spring Country Club. The route will be the Medford Lakes 20-mile loop.
- Friday, 5/17 at 9:00am – C/B pace, 30 +/- miles departing from Panera’s/L.L. Bean in the Promenade at 500 Route 73 S # E15, Marlton, NJ 08053.
- Saturday, 5/11 at 8:30am – B+ pace. 40+/- miles. Details will be published later this week.
- Sunday, 5/19 at 8:30am – Our weekly all-level ride will depart from the Indian Springs Country Club. This week’s routes are Olde World Bakery to Marco’s [38 mi] for A+ to B levels and Olde World Bakery to Marco’s [30 mi] for B and C levels.
- Wednesday, 5/15 at 7:00pm – Ride of Silence, starts and end at Freedom Park in Medford, NJ. The ride is sponsored by Medford Township and Wheelies Bike Shop.
- Saturday, 6/1 – Tour de Cure from Ambler PA. Join our John Murphy and register as a member of Team Stradley Ronon, on the ADA ride to stop diabetes.
- Saturday, 6/1 at 1:00pm – Meet and greet professional cycling Team Novo Nordisk at Virtua Health and Wellness Center in Moorestown, sponsored by the JDRF. Register before May 25th.
- Saturday, 6/8 – MS Muckfest – Join Team Evesham in the fun event.
Ride safely, obey all traffic laws, and have fun!
– Dave, Brad, Sandy, Scott, Laura & the Team Evesham Ride Leadership