In an email sent out last Friday Sandy asked you to take advantage of the nice spring weather and come out to ride with us on Sunday. Well, you listened. Over 70 cyclists at Marco’s on Sunday for the “Red Lion – 4 Wawa” ride, and it did feel like a spring day. The sun was shining, the temperature was comfortable, but as it usually is with early spring there was a breeze. At least it was just a breeze in the parking lot. Out on the route it was more. While sailors might call it a fresh breeze , cyclist call it a “@#!*#” headwind. It caused a few groups to get separated, but everyone made it back. In spite of the wind, it was still a great day to ride.
As we get further into spring, the days be will sunnier, the temperatures warmer, the breezes lighter, and as we ride our legs will get stronger.
With the completion of the D&Q power cycling class, we can’t wait to see Sandy, Chuck Nowicki, Scott Santos, and Caren Frank back out riding with us. After all those weeks of power training, can we expect big things from them?
See you all, next Sunday
- Friday, 4/12 at 9:00am – First Friday ride of the year, C/C+ pace, 30 +/- miles. Check the website for details.
- Saturday, 4/13 at 8:30am –Mountain bike ride – For ride location and details will be published later this week on Team Evesham MTB or contact firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.
- Sunday, 4/14 at 9:00am – Our weekly all-level ride will depart from the Indian Spring Country Club. The route(s) will be posted to the website later this week.
- Friday, 5/3 from 5-8PM – The annual Pedal for Promise ride kickoff BBQ at Johnson’s Farm. Pickup your preregistration packets before the ride.
- Saturday, 5/4 at 8:30AM – The 2013 Pedal for Promise ride. Join Team Evesham for this ride!
- Sunday, 5/5 – Bike NY (TD Bank Five Boro Bike Tour) in Manhattan.
- Saturday, 6/1 – Tour de Cure from Ambler PA. Join our John Murphy and register as a member of Team Stradley Ronon, on the ADA ride to stop diabetes.
- Saturday, 6/8 – MS Muckfest Join Team Evesham in the fun event.
Also, this Saturday
Ride safely, obey all traffic laws, and have fun!
– Dave, Brad, Sandy, Scott, Laura & the Team Evesham Ride Leadership