Finally we got 3 rides in last weekend. On April 19th it didn’t rain, and finally we had our first Friday morning ride. Ten cyclists were at Panera’s/LL Bean at 9:00am to ride through the pines of Medford, Shamong and Tabernacle, and finally to the rest stop at Nixon’s before heading back. On Saturday our intrepid mountain biking group went back again to Pennypack Park. They such a good time on the first trip, they had to do it again.
Sunday is the big ride, and in spite on the cold 70 riders showed up for the all level Gibson House ride. Which was not actually at the Gibson House, go figure. Some of you may recall when we did this ride last year on July 1st, there was a party at the finish line celebrate one of our senior set member’s 70th birthday. When this route was posted last week 4 people called Sandy asking if there again would be a party. Alas, no birthdays and no party, but it was still a good Sunday ride.
By the way, did you know that after each ride you are all invited inside at the country club for a warm, friendly brunch at Marco’s restaurant with your teammates? The food and service are great.
- Friday, 4/26 at 9:00am – C/C+ pace, 30 +/- miles departing from Panera’s/L.L. Bean in the Promenade at 500 Route 73 S # E15, Marlton, NJ 08053.
- Saturday, 4/27 at 8:30am –Mountain bike ride – For ride location and details will be published later this week on Team Evesham MTB or contact email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Sunday, 4/28 at 9:00am – Our weekly all-level ride will depart from the Indian Spring Country Club. The route(s) will be posted to the website later this week.
- Friday, 5/3 from 5-8PM – The annual Pedal for Promise ride kickoff BBQ at Johnson’s Farm. Pickup your preregistration packets before the ride.
- Saturday, 5/4 at 8:30AM – The 2013 Pedal for Promise ride. Join Team Evesham for this ride!
- Sunday, 5/5 – Bike NY (TD Bank Five Boro Bike Tour) in Manhattan.
- Saturday, May 11th at 8:30am – Team Evesham/OCSJ Group Riding Clinic. The clinic will be led by League Cycling Instructors Glenn Page and Tony Marchionne. to register please click on cycling clinic.
- Wednesday, 5/15 at 7:00pm – Ride of Silence, starts and end at Freedom Park in Medford, NJ. The ride is sponsored by Medford Township and Wheelies Bike Shop.
- Saturday, 6/1 – Tour de Cure from Ambler PA. Join our John Murphy and register as a member of Team Stradley Ronon, on the ADA ride to stop diabetes.
- Saturday, 6/8 – MS Muckfest Join Team Evesham in the fun event.
Ride safely, obey all traffic laws, and have fun!
– Dave, Brad, Sandy, Scott, Laura & the Team Evesham Ride Leadership