It was a beautiful day Friday afternoon and Scott Santos, Neal Wilson, and Dino Pinto took advantage of the weather and ventured out for an afternoon full of mountain biking at Penny Pack Park in Northeast Philly. Penny Pack Park is a challenging location with tight turns, lots of climbing and descending, rocks and other obstacles. The park has many bridges and streams and it is difficult to believe it is within the city limits of Philadelphia. We were able to get in two and a half hours of cycling before it was time to head home for the afternoon.
Saturday morning 7 riders including Scott Santos, Laura Simons, Dino Pinto, Jim Sweet, Rob Scarpa, Chuck Nowicki, Frank Srogota, make the trip to the Middle Run Preserve/ White Clay Creek Park in Newark Delaware. This is an awesome location for mountain biking with acres and acres of single track trails, a skills park, and many bridges and set up obstacles for riders to tackle. We rode for over 2 and a half hours and still had not experienced half of the trails that are in the area. After the ride we made a quick stop at a local Wendy’s to warm up and for a quick lunch.
On Sunday we had two groups out mountain biking.
The early group including Neal Wilson, Dave Mulligan, and Gary Kershner made the trip to Penny Pack Park in Northeast Philly to meet up with a group lead by Guy’s Cycles. They enjoyed the challenging riding at Penny Pack with a ride leader that guided them through the terrain.
The later group including Scott Santos, Dino Pinto, Laura Simons, Jim Sweet, Chuck Nowicki,and Frank Srogota met at the Kresson Trails in Cherry Hill for a few hours worth of fun cycling. The Kresson Trails offer quite a bit of single track trails for a local riding spot. Located off of Kresson and Springdale Rd there are sections of climbing and obstacles to attack while riding along winding streams.
These cyclists enjoyed some good exercise and fresh air this weekend while promoting fitness and health. If you have not experienced mountain biking trust me, it is quite a work out. Spring is just around the corner, however if you are feeling cooped up and miss cycling Team Evesham is still at it. Join these guys in the trails, they would be happy to ride with you.
Email Scott Santos at Scott@TeamEvesham.org or Laura Simons at Laura@TeamEvesham.org if you have mountain biking questions ow,would like to join them.
Upcoming Rides & Events
- Saturday, 2/23 at 9:30am – Mountain Bike Ride, location and trail details will be published on Team Evesham.org later this week.
Leaders: Scott Santos (609-352-0043) and Laura Simons (609-341-6949)
- Sunday, 2/24 at 9:00am – Team Evesham all level (A+,A,B+,B,C) ride departing from Indian Springs Country Club at 115 S Elmwood Rd, Marlton, NJ 08053. Marco’s Restaurant in the country club will be open for business at 8:30 serving coffee before and brunch after the ride. The route will be publishedTeam Evesham.org later this week.
- Friday 3/8 from 7-11 – The Chapter 1 Ride of the 2013 Police Unity Tour will be holding a Beef-n-Beer fundraiser to help Team Evesham Police Department officers raise money to participate in the tour. The donation is $30/person (adults only) and will be held at the South Jersey FOP Lodge in West Berlin, NJ (235 Pine Ave., West Berlin, NJ 08091). The amount each officer must raise is high – please help your fellow officers by attending. Also show your support by visiting their Facebook page and giving them a like.
- Annual Charity Rides – Team Evesham is registered as a team on Pedal For Promise, ACS Bike-a-thon, and MS City to Shore. All these rides are for worthy causes and we are hoping to have strong support for each of the of the rides. Please take a moment, go the to Team Evesham.org and register as a member of Team Evesham.
– Brad, Scott, Laura, Dave, Sandy & and all of the Team Evesham Ride Leaders