This Sunday was overcast but we still had 101 riders show up according to our official count. The route took us 41 miles out through rural Tabernacle and historic Vincetown. Our rides are typically 30-35 miles but we’ve been extending the routes lately to prepare the team for the upcoming MS City to Shore event on September 29th and 30th. It’s not too late to sign up!
On Sunday the team leaders also had an opportunity to give us their valuable feedback on the new team riding shorts and jackets. We will make an official announcement along with a proper reveal to the whole team when they have been approved. Needless to say, you will not be disappointed. These accessories will be manufactured by the same company that created our team jerseys and will be to the same high quality standards.
Last Wednesday we also had nine Team Evesham members volunteer for two hours at the MS City to Shore Rider Expo in Philadelphia. We recruited several new members to the team and met other Team Evesham members as they arrived to pickup their rider number packets. There were also representatives of other participating area teams recruiting.
Upcoming Rides & Events
- Thursday, September 6th at 6PM – Our weekly 20-mile ride starts from the Evesham Township Munincipal Building, 984 Tuckerton Road, Marlton, NJ 08053.
- Friday, September 7th at 8AM – Regular Friday morning ride will meet in front of Panera Bread in The Promenade (500 Route 73 S # E15, Marlton, NJ 08053) for a 30+ mile ride.
- Saturday, September 8th at 7:30AM – The annual Tour de Farms will begin at the Jack Allen Memorial Early Country Living Museum
(224 Landing Street Vincentown, NJ). Hurry, registration closes after Thursday, September 6th!
- Sunday, September 9th at 8AM – The now world-famous all-level ride departs from Panera Bread in The Promenade, 500 Route 73 S # E15, Marlton, NJ 08053. The route will be announced later this week.
- Saturday, September 29th thru Sunday September 30th – The annual MS City to Shore bike ride. If you haven’t signed up you should seriously consider it. Join over 140 of your team members and help fight MS.
New & Unusual
And now ladies and gentlemen, enter the invisible bicycle helmet…
PLEASE remember to be conscious of the other riders and vehicles around you. When riding with a group always remember to call out any obsticles in the road for those behind you. Call-outs should be repeated from the front of the group to the back. We’ve been doing a pretty good job lately but there’s still room for improvement.
Be safe and don’t forget to have fun!
– Sandy, Dave, Brad, and the rest of the Team Ride Leaders