The weather was just spectacular and the local paper captured the spirit (and the photos) of the riders. Will we all make the front page? This past Sunday we welcomed 109 riders to the Team Evesham ride. Dave did an incredible job of planning the route. Today, the “B” riders reporting seeing deer on two separate occasions. My gosh, imagine telling folks we were riding in NJ and seeing deer, they all think Tony Soprano is our neighbor and that NJ looks like the refinery scene along the NJ Turnpike.
We welcomed several new riders and even Brad is impressed that folks are coming out of the hinterlands from as far away as Oxford, PA., out in mushroom country to ride the flatlands of New Jersey. By the way, thanks for the kind compliments about our rides, if you are not happy, tell us, if you are happy tell others.
Dave promises another new route this week and maybe a few hills too as we prepare for the MS City to Shore Ride on September 29 and 30. Watch for the route to get slightly longer in preparation for the 75 mile ride (actually 78 miles) but don’t tell anyone. Speaking of the MS ride, get on board now as the ride is shut down once they have 7500 cyclists. A few years ago the ride shut down in the beginning of September so don’t miss out. You can join with a discount via our home page under the MS logo. Less than three weeks to go until September 29 and the City to Shore ride. Watch for details about the team dinner on September 28 for our registered riders.
This coming Tuesday is September 11, this day is a remembrance of a truly awful occasion in American history, please do not let this day go forward without taking a moment to reflect on the tragedy of this day. I know that my life was dramatically changed by the events of this day, 11 years ago. Please pause and say a prayer for those who perished that day. Also salute our emergency service workers, they are the ones who run into the buildings and into harms way, when others are running out. And don’t forget the armed service members who are protecting our country. You may want to read this column too about the significance of September 11.
I know several folks have changing schedules with the end of the summer season, the start of school, and the wind down of vacations, but hey, come join us, we are still riding on Thursday night, Friday morning, and Sunday morning. Check out the ride specifics to the right of the home page.
- Thursday, 9/13 at 6pm – Our regularly scheduled Thursday evening ride will leave from the Evesham Township Municipal Building (984 Tuckerton Road, Marlton, NJ 08053).
- Friday, 9/14 at 8am – The Team Evesham Friday morning ride will depart from the Promenade (meet in front of Panera Bread).
- Sunday, 9/16 at 8am – The Team Evesham all-levels ride will meet in the Promenade near Panera Bread (500 Route 73 S # E15, Marlton, NJ 08053). We are gearing the team up for the MS City to Shore ride on Spetmeber 29th & 30th and the ride will be posted shortly.
- Friday, 9/28 at 7pm – Team Evesham will host its annual pre-MS ride dinner at the Gibson House. Pricing and choice of entree will be made available very soon. Please mark your calendar. This is a great social vent for riders and their significant others to gather before the actual ride.
- Saturday, 9/29 thru Sunday 9/30 – The Annual MS City to Shore ride event takes place. We will be sending details including start time and place as well as the time for the team photo. It’;s not to late to sign up with Team Evesham!
- Saturday, 10/6/2012 – (the weekend following the MS ride) Bike Evesham will host a 25 & 50-mile route. All Team Evesham members who participated in either the ACS or MS rides (or both) with Team Evesham get a discount. Harvest Fest will follow on Main Street in Marlton.
Odds & Ends
Psst! A little mouse found a box of old team evesham jerseys and we will be offering these for sale at next week’s ride for $10.
Video of the Week
Record your rides:. Here is a relatively inexpensive way to make short (20-25 minute) recordings of your rides. If you’re interested it can be ordered here. [youtube_sc url=”UANOi8Vp2Jc”]
Thanks for joining us as we cycle thru the Pinelands.
– Sandy, Dave, Brad and all of your ride leaders