…Make that “A perfect Autumn Day” (it’s never a good thing when a biker falls).
Sunday was a spectacular day to ride and 118 fellow riders came out to join us as we rode thru Evesham, Medford, Mt. Laurel, Hainesport, and Lumberton. There was not a cloud in the sky and I saw most riders taking in the treats at Johnson’s Farm. The cinnamon cider donuts will always be a favorite of mine. We saw many families at Johnson’s with their kids for the pumpkin picking events. If you have young kids, this is a great place to visit with them.
Now that Fall (er, Autumn) is here, put on a jacket and keep riding with us. Our ride schedule will take us into December. This coming Saturday and Sunday, September 29 and 30, 154 fellow riders will be participating in the MS City to Shore event. There is still time to join our MS Team, go here to sign up. We are holding the MS Team to only 160 riders so join soon, we welcome your friends too. The pre- MS team dinner is Friday, September 28 where we will distribute numbers and take contributions for MS. Register for the dinner here. By the way we have raised more than $75,000 for this charity so far.
Since we are participating in the MS City to shore event this coming weekend there is NO Ride on Sunday September 30. But please sign up for the Bike Evesham event (our very own ride) on Saturday, October 6. There are two route options, (25 and 50 miles) and both start right off Main Street in Marlton. Register on-line here.
Please do go to D&Q, our 2012 Team Evesham jerseys are back in stock and you can also get a deal on 2012 Team Evesham cycling shorts and jackets. Cathy and Brad promise even more team clothing soon (socks, gloves, fleece jackets, etc.). Just tell them what you want and these expert haberdashers will outfit you.
Thanks for coming to ride with us, we will see you at the Team Dinner on Friday and at the Patco Woodcrest station in the early hours of Saturday. The team photo will be at 6:15 am and we depart as a team at 6:45 am on our way to Ocean City, NJ.
- Friday, 9/28 at 7pm – The annual Team Evesham MS City to Shore pre-ride dinner. If you’ve signed up for the City to Shore ride you should consider attending this event.
- Saturday & Sunday, 9-29-9/30 – MS City to Shore ride. This is THE premier ride event of the season. If you haven’t signed up yet don’t delay, participation is limited to the first 7,000 registrants. Sign up with Team Evesham here.
- Friday, 10/5 at 8am – Team Evesham’s weekly Friday ride. C/C+ ride for 30+ miles departs from Panera Bread in The Promenade 500 Route 73 S # E15, Marlton, NJ 08053.
- Saturday, 10/6 at 7am – The fifth annual Bike Evesham Family Bike Ride returns. This year there will be four routes: a 2-mile loop, an easy 5-mile Family Ride, a 25-mile loop, and a 50-mile loop.
- Sunday, 10/7 at 7am – Ride Ataxia Philadelphia. This charitable event is in it’s fourth year and offers 5, 10, 25 & 50 mile routes starting from Limerick, PA. The ride ends with an amazing post-ride meal provided by Outback Steakhouse, Carrabba’s Italian Grill, & Bonefish Grill.
- Sunday, 10/7 at 7:30am – Covered Bridges Ride. Hosted by the Central Bucks Cycle Club this ride offers fiove beautiful scenic routes including 20, 30, 33, 50 & 63 miles in distance.
- Sunday, 10/7 at 8am – The weekly Team Evesham Sunday ride will depart from Panera Bread in The Promenade (500 Route 73 S # E15, Marlton, NJ 08053).
- Ride Ataxia Philadelphia is quickly approaching (Sunday, October 7th). Friedreich’s ataxia (FA) is a debilitating, lifeshortening, degenerative neuro-muscular disorder. Registration is limited to the first 800 participants.
- The National Women’s Bicycling Summit was a big success last week. More than 275 very enthusiastic women were present for this one-day event covering many topics.
- Scott Santos found this awesome calorie-burning workout: “Bicycle burnout” on YouTube…
Please rememeber to ride safely and share the road.