Murphy’s Market Ride Recap
This past Sunday was a great ride with 5 different groups participating. The ride started from Murphy’s Market in Tabernacle because of a sporting event occurring on Sunday in Evesham Township. We heard only great things about splitting into an A+, A, B+, B, and C level rides. Thanks also to Robin from Hot Diggity Dog who opened early to accommodate us.
2012 Team Jerseys
We anticipate getting the 2012 jerseys this week. This jerseys are made here in America by Voler and they run true to size. Keep coming back to this site for more information about the jersey arrivals. All of the team members can pick up their jerseys at D&Q, on Route 70 and 295 in Cherry Hill, NJ. If you have signed up to participate in a Team Evesham sponsored charity ride (MS or ACS) than your jersey will be subsidized and your cost will be only $25.00. If you are not able to participate in a charity ride you can still purchase a jersey at our cost for only $50.00.
Ride Guide (Etiquette & Safety)
Here is a quick guide to ride etiquette for all of our riders:
A) When we break into the groups for the ride, we will Introduce everyone.
B) Remember we want to communicate in our ride groups call out: “car back!”, call out obstructions, etc.
C) If you get in front of the ride leader you are on their own, we are not giving out cue sheets.
D) If there are flat tires, only one person stays back, everyone else keeps going.
We heard lots of great comments about the ride, if we are doing great things bring your friends. If you have suggestions please tell one of the ride leaders. Our email chain works, we only had three folks at the Promenade last Sunday.
- Thursday, June 28th at 8AM – Joe’s Saturday Prep Ride, easy B ride for 25-30 miles, departs from Panera Bread in The Promenade 500 Route 73 S # E15, Marlton, NJ 08053.
- Thursday, June 28th at 6PM – Our C+/B ride uses the Evesham-Medford 20 mile loop and departs from Evesham Township Munincipal Building at 984 Tuckerton Road, Marlton, NJ 08053.
- Friday, June 29th at 8AM – Our C/C+ ride for 30 miles departs from Panera Bread in The Promenade 500 Route 73 S # E15, Marlton, NJ 08053.
- Saturday, June 30 from 10AM til 5PM – D&Q will hold a bike swap meet, trade in your current bike, purchase a slightly used bike or just come and explore the bargains there. We are also recruiting at this event and you are all welcome to join us. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help.
- Sunday, July 1 at 8AM – We will ride from the Gibson House on Main Street in Marlton, since we will be one week in advance of the Cancer ride (ACS Bike-a-Thon) We’ll be doing a new ride that traces part of the Cancer Ride route. And yes, the trench on Tuckerton Road was repaired by Evesham Township.
- Wednesday, July 4th (all day) – Fourth of July festivities in Evesham Township. Brought to you by our own award-winning parent organization, the Evesham Celebrations Foundation, activities include the Mayor’s Cup 5K Run, the Kids’ Bike Parade, the Fourth of July Parade, and Fireworks at Cherokee High School in the evening.
- Saturday, July 7th at 6:30PM – Our traditional ACS Bike-a-thon team dinner will be held at Marco’s Restaurant in the Indian Springs Country Club in Evesham Township. All Team Evesham members are invited to join us (not just ACS participants).
Thank you all for making our rides better, it is great to be with such enthusiastic folks.
– Brad, Dave, Chuck, Wendy, Dennis, Laura, Lon, Scott, John, Julie, Syd, and Sandy