73 riders joined us on Father’s Day
This coming Sunday we will start our ride from Murphy’s Market on Route 532, Tabernacle-Medford Lakes Road since there is a 12,000 person lacrosse tournament in Marlton on Sunday.
You know summer is “officially” here since there are so many announcements and the temperature is close to 100 degrees. Remember, stay hydrated and bring an energy gel or bar on our rides. One of our teammates Basile writes that he misses us, he has been in California for business for the past six weeks where temps are well into the 100’s. Whew!
We are always mindful of the traffic and we want to avoid any issues with the auto overflow. Speaking of traffic and safe riding we want to again emphasize that safety is job one on our rides.
A few points from last week’s Sunday ride…
- Remember to stop at ALL intersections where cars are also obligated to stop. The law considers cyclists as vehicles on the road and we are subject to all of the rules that automobiles must obey.
- Listen to your ride leaders. This is NOT for the sake of courtesy, rather it is for your safety as well as the safety of others. Please do not stray in front of the ride leaders. The ride leaders will observe the posted speed of the ride and if you want to canter along ahead then perhaps you need to move up to the next ride group. Thanks also to our ride leaders: Chuck, Lon, Laura, Wendy, Brad, Dave, Dennis, and Sandy.
- Ride no more than two abreast. Group riding is a social event however it becomes very dangerous when riders are stacked more than two abreast. If a car would like to pass it is not only rude of you and frustrating to the driver, but also gives us a bad name in the community. Always remember to SHARE THE ROAD with other vehicles.
- Thursday, 6/21 at 8:00am – Joe’s “Easy B” ride (prep for Saturday’s ride). Meet at Panera Bread in the Promenade.
- Thursday, 6/21 at 6:00pm – C+/B departs from the Evesham Township Municipal Building.
- Friday, 6/22 at 8:00am (note the new time) – C/C+ 30-mile ride. Meet at Panera Bread in the Promenade.
- Sunday, 6/24 at 8:00am – Team Evesham weekly all-level ride. The route and meeting place will be announced shortly.
- Sunday, 6/24 at 3:30pm – Neal and Nancy Wilson are hosting a picnic at their home after the sunday ride, shower and change first!
- June 30 and July 1 – D&Q swap meet. Danzeisen & Quigley’s 16th annual bicycle consignment sale. Sell your old bike and great a great deal on a new bike. Proceeds benefit the MS Society. If interested in helping man our Team Evesham Booth, let us know.
- Sunday, 7/1 – Sunday ride will start and finish at the Gibson House, 535 East Main Street, Marlton. NJ. There is parking for 135 cars. The Promenade is hosting an event that day.
- Wednesday, July 4th – Evesham Independence Day – 5k run, Kids bike parade, Parade with floats and bands, and then fireworks and skydivers at Cherokee high School.
- Saturday, 7/7 at 6:30pm – ACS Bike-a-thon pre-ride dinner at Marco’s Restaurant. Please RSVP and select your entry.
- Sunday, 7/8 – American Cancer Society Bike-a-thon. Start from Philadelphia or Cherry Hill High School East.
Team Evesham Jerseys
The 2012 Team Evesham Jerseys are almost here but for anyone who hasn’t seen a rendering here’s the reveal. An announcement will be made when they arrive but here’s the deal: If you participate in one or both of our two premier charitable rides, the ACS Bike-a-thon coming up on July 8th or the MS Society’s City to Shore ride in September, the cost to you for a jersey will be considerably less. If you choose not to ride in either of these you can still order a jersey but you will pay full price. Details to be announced shortly.
Now for some fun. Time to get the blood racing. One of our A-level riders posted an interesting comment on our website regarding the previous Sunday ride and shared a video of a brief portion of that ride. Thanks for sharing Fred!
Be safe, be strong, and let’s be careful out there!
– Brad, Sandy, Dave, Wendy, Laura, & Chuck