This past week was another great and busy weekend for riding. We had 14 cyclist join us on the Friday ride through Evesham, Medford, Shamong, and Tabernacle. Saturday, several team members took advantage of the sunny day and participated in either the Eddie Richard’s Memorial Rotary 100 Bike Tour out of Burlington Township High School sponsored by the Rotary Club of Burlington County, or the Jerry Hanclich Pinelands Triple Loop out of Batso sponsored the Shore Cycle Club. Then came Sunday warm, sunny, but a little breezy, we had 65 cyclists for the ride to Johnson’s Farm, with 5 cyclists joining us for the 1st time. It was great to enjoy a bright spring day riding through the country side and eating cider doughnuts at Johnson’s Farm.
We have been emphasizing group riding safety at the beginning of each ride, and we hearing that people are listening. It makes the ride more enjoyable for all. Unfortunately 2 riders did fall during the ride, one a chipped bone in the elbow and the other some bruises. Thankfully, the injuries were not more serious. Thanks to the others who responded with proper actions in helping the 2 riders, and the Evesham police who responded so quickly. The incidents happened when the groups were either stopping or riding slowly. So when riding, be alert at all times.
The weekend ended with many of us enjoying (pigging out?) on the good food and wine at the Taste of Evesham.
Up Coming Events
- Thursday, May 24th, 6pm – Evesham/Medford 20 mile ride. This will be a C+/B pace. Meet up at the Evesham Township Municipal Building (984 Tuckerton Rd., Marlton, NJ 08053).
- Friday, May 25th, 8:30am – Weekly Friday ride from Panera’s. This is a C/C+ pace. All are welcome
- Sunday, May 27th, 8:30am– Our regular Sunday ride from Panera’s. A, B+, B & C. No one gets left behind.
- Friday, June 1st, 9:00am – Ride along the Schuylkill River starting from the parking lot behind the Art Museum. This is a C/C+ pace. There will not be a Friday ride from the Promenade.
- Saturday, June 2nd, 8:00-10:00am – Coffee with a Cop. Stop in and say hello. You may get a chance to thank the officers who helped us this past Sunday.
Ride for enjoyment, ride for health, and ride safely,
Sandy, Brad, Wendy, Chuck, and Dave