The ride for today, Sunday, August 7th, 2011 has been cancelled due to inclement weather. See you next Sunday…
In days past we struggled to reach twenty but this past Sunday we had almost 50 riders come out! Weroad through some wonderful horse and farm country, the weather was gorgeous, and everyone got back safely. Well… almost. Hey everybody falls down at least once trying to Unclip.
By the way great job this week Bill [pictured above]!
Next Sunday’s Ride
Next Sunday, August 7th the ride will be the Murphy’s Market Ride. EVERYONE PLEASE NOTE: THE STARTING POINT FOR THIS RIDE WILL BE MURPHY’S SUPERMARKET IN TABERNACLE RATHER THAN PANERA’S IN THE PROMENADE. Don’t get left behind by showing up at Panera’s. We’ll depart from Murphy’s (381 Medford Lakes Rd., Tabernacle, NJ 08088) at our usual start time, 8AM. We’ll be headed out into the New Jersey pinelands where it’s rumored that the Jersey Devil still lurks, waiting for unsuspecting biker’s to pass by too slowly. Bring a camera but don’t plan on slowing down too long until we reach Hot Diggidy Dog in Chatsworth.
Other Rides and Upcoming Events
- Our regular Team Evesham Friday “C” ride will depart at 8:00AM this week from Panera Bread in the Promenade.
- The 31st Annual Princeton Bicycling Event will take place on Saturday, August 6th from 7AM to 5PM.
- On Saturday, August 13 the MS Society will host a Group Riding Skills class at the Gibson House in Evesham Township. This is being offered at no charge to all Team Evesham MS riders. Please RSVP to email@example.com if you plan on attending. The first 50 registrants will receive a free t-shirt and breakfast will be served. The exact time will be announced shortly.
- On Sunday, August 14th the 2011 Gran Fondo Calnago Philadelphia will take place starting from Center City Philadelphia at the Art Museum. This is a challenging ride comprising three routes: 108-mile, 73-mile, and 33-mile distances. Register here.
- The MS Society’s annual Rider Expo is coming to Penn’s Landing Caterers, 1301 S. Columbus in Philadelphia on Wednesday, August 24th from 5:30-7:30PM. RSVP on the website or call Melissa Hersh at 1-800-445-BIKE. If you’re a first-time MS rider or you simply want to get the most of you City to Shore experience you won’t want to miss this.