The Team Evesham ride scheduled for Sunday, August 28th has been cancelled due to Hurricane Irene.
This weekend’s wet weather didn’t seem to stop anyone
Despite significant amounts of rain we had activities going on the entire weekend.
On Friday, August 19th, Team Evesham’s Ross Polinow led the regular Friday ride from the Promenade at 8:00AM in Niles’ absence. Not sure how he does it but I don’t think I’ve ever seen a bad photo of Ross.
On Saturday, August 20th Coach JQ led a century ride from the Taunton Forge Shopping Center in Medford. Coach rides with both the Outdoor Club of South Jersey for rides during the week and Saturday, then joins Team Evesham for Sunday rides. Also on Saturday another member of Team Evesham rode with Coach JQ and this ride was a significant milestone: John DiLello completed his first 100-mile+ bike ride. John started with Team Evesham this year and initially struggled with our weekly 30-mile rides. Now he’s doing 100 mile rides! Amazing.
On Sunday, August 21st we had team members in two separate rides. Our regular Sunday ride from Panera’s was well attended. Niles Commisso, Dennis Dahms, Sandy Student and Chuck Nowicki led our three teams on the Nixon’s Deli Via Flyatt Road ride. This was a great 30-mile ride through scenic Tabernacle and Medford. Nixon’s is a favorite rest-stop for area bikers. Everyone finished just as the rain was getting started.
While our Sunday ride was going on Team Evesham also had three riders in the LiveStrong Challenge Philly event. Kurt Fegley, Jim Sweet and Will Scott participated in a what turned out to be a very difficult ride elevation-wise, with two 600 foot-tall hills and many others. Jim reported back that he managed to stay fairly dry for this one and sent two photos followed by photos of Kurt, Jim & Will…
- The MS City to Shore Rider Expo will be held this Wednesday evening, August 24th, from 5:30 to 7:30PM at Penn’s Landing Caterers (1301 S. Columbus, Philadelphia, PA). If you’re joining us for the MS City to Shore you should try to attend. If you’ve fulfilled your $300 minimum fundraising amount you can pickup your rider number, see the route map, watch bike shop demos, and much more.
- The Team Evesham pre-ride MS dinner will be held at the Gibson House in Marlton, NJ on Friday, September 23rd (the eve of the MS ride) from 6:30 til 9:30PM. Carrabbas will be catering this event for us and the price will be $25 per person. Please RSVP to Rich Bernstein firstname.lastname@example.org well in advance so we can get a head count of who’s coming.
- The MS City to Shore will be from Saturday, September 24th through Sunday, September 25th. This is our premier annual charity event that you won’t want to miss. We have close to 100 members riding in the MS event representing Team Evesham.
- Our regular Friday ride will meet at Panera’s on Friday, August 26th at 8AM.
- Our regular Sunday ride is schedule for August 28th. The route will be announced shortly.
Here are some photos of this Sunday’s Nixon’s Deli ride…