Team Evesham rider Will Scott writes, “It has been good meeting some of you recently at the REI workshop and training for the Longest Day. As some of you are aware, I am planning a charity bike ride called Wheel for Teal. It will take place on June 4th starting from Maranatha Church on Lenola Rd. in Moorestown. The ride benefits the Mary Anne Mazanec Ovarian Cancer Foundation. Named after my late sister, the foundation provides financial help to women and their families who are battling ovarian cancer. There are two options a 25 mile ride or a 50 mile ride. Both routes end at the starting point. The website is www.wheelforteal.org If you would, please post this to the Team Evesham calendar along with a link. I would really appreciate your help in getting the word out. Thanks!”
The Mary Anne Mazanec Ovarian Cancer Foundation is a non-profit or 501(c)3 organization with the mission of providing financial assistance to women and families fighting ovarian cancer as well as to provide funding for area researchers looking for a cure. To find out more about us, or to make a secure online donation please click the link www.mamocf.org.
Rides begin and end at:
Maranatha Christian Fellowship
802 N. Lenola Road
Moorestown, NJ 08057
50 mile ride 8:30 am (registration 8:00 am)
25 mile ride 9:30 am (registration 9:00 am)
What to bring:
Bike, helmet, sunglasses, water bottles, sunscreen
- The cost for registering for the bike ride is $35/rider.
- Each rider will receive a free T-shirt and admission to the MAMOCF Family Picnic, which begins at Maranatha Christian Fellowship. at 12:00 pm
- You can register for the bike ride either on-line or in person the morning of the event beginning at 8:00 am. If registering in person, please use cash or check. Credit cards cannot be processed the day of the event. We apologize for any inconvenience.
- You may register online up until June 1st . The link below will take you to a secure Paypal website where you can pay by credit card. Please be sure to write “Wheel for Teal” or “Bike Ride” in the note section and the number of riders you are registering.
- Both rides cover the same route with the 50 mile ride making a second loop.
- Safety is of primary concern. Some of the roads we will be riding on may have moderate to heavy traffic. Please exercise caution at all times.
- The route will take us through parts of Moorestown, Mount Laurel, and Medford.
- There will be a catered rest stop approximately halfway at Fellowship Alliance Chapel in Medford where riders can use the restrooms. Water and snacks will be provided.
- SAG support will be provided by Wheelies Bike Shop of Medford.
- A cue card will be provided the morning of the ride and the route itself will be marked with signs on the side of the road.
- To see a map of the route, click here.